You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
To download and print the Supplier Code of Conduct, click the PDF to the right.
Arise Health Ventures, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively, “Aspirus Arise”) strive to provide quality products and services to our customers. We view our contracted vendors and suppliers (collectively, “Suppliers”) as an integral part of our business success, and we strive to select only those organizations that share our commitment to strong ethical standards. We understand that Suppliers are independent entities; however, we expect our Suppliers to adhere to our standards of ethical business conduct and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations while they are conducting business with or on behalf of Aspirus Arise. Each Supplier is required to adhere to and comply with this Supplier Code of Conduct (“Code”) and to educate itself, its employees, its agents, representatives, and subcontractors about this Code’s provisions.
Supplier Performance Obligations
- Comply with their specific contractual obligations under their contracts with Aspirus Arise;
- Conduct their business activities and employment practices in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while conducting business with and/or on behalf of Aspirus Arise;
- Follow and comply with the provisions set forth below:
Labor and Human Rights
- Encourage a diverse employee workforce and provide an employee workforce free from illegal discrimination or any other form of employment abuse.
- Commit to providing a harassment-free work environment by not tolerating actions, comments, inappropriate physical contact, sexual advances, or any other conduct that is intimidating, uncomfortable, or otherwise offensive or hostile.
- Treat employees fairly and honestly, including with respect to wages, working hours, and benefits consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Comply with applicable local child labor laws and employ workers who meet the applicable minimum legal age requirement for their location. If the minimum age of employment is not defined, the minimum age of employment shall be 15 years of age.
- Never use forced or other unlawful labor in the supply of materials, products, or services. All employment must be strictly voluntary. Suppliers must respect the right of workers to associate freely as permitted by and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Health and Safety
- Provide safe and humane working conditions for all employees.
- Carry out operations with care for the environment and comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Compete fairly for our business, without making or offering bribes, kickbacks or giving anything of value to secure an improper advantage.
- Keep financial books and records in accordance with all applicable legal, regulatory, and fiscal requirements and with accepted accounting practices for the industry in which the Supplier operates.
- Deliver products and services meeting applicable quality and safety standards.
- Support compliance with this Code by establishing appropriate management monitoring and compliance processes and cooperating with reasonable assessment processes requested by Aspirus Arise.
- Respect Aspirus Arise employees’ duty to comply with Aspirus Arise’s policies regarding business gifts and entertainment and conflicts of interest.
It is the responsibility and obligation of the Supplier to ensure its employees, agents, representatives, and subcontractors understand and comply with this Code. Suppliers are obligated to self-monitor their compliance with the provisions of this Code. The Supplier is
required to inform Aspirus Arise when the Supplier is aware of a violation of this Code with respect to the products or services supplied to Aspirus Arise.
Reporting of Questionable Behavior and/or Possible Violations
Suppliers are encouraged to maintain a reporting helpline or other reporting mechanism that allows for anonymous reporting of questionable behavior. If no such helpline or other reporting mechanism exists, Suppliers should report questionable behavior or a possible violation of this Code to our 24/7 confidential Ethics Helpline maintained by an independent service provider:
Aspirus Arise will not tolerate any retribution or retaliation taken against any person who has, in
good faith, reported questionable behavior or a possible violation of this Code.
Please contact Aspirus Arise’s Compliance Officer Kirsten Ruzic Wild at 715-972-8146 if the
Supplier has questions about its obligations under this Code or Aspirus Arise’s enforcement of
Approved by: Arise Health Ventures, Inc.
Board of Directors
Effective date: March 24, 2016
Revised date: April 2, 2018